What do I do if I have lost my pet?

The first step is to contact Animal Control at 620-694-2636 and ask if they have picked up your pet. Fill out a lost report online. Provide a picture and check the shelter every few days.

You can also advertise by flyers in your neighborhood and run a lost pet ad on KWBW radio (it's free by calling 620-662-4486). Check back with the Animal Shelter periodically to see if your pet is there.

Show All Answers

1. What do I do if I want to surrender or relinquish my pet to the shelter?
2. What do I do if I have lost my pet?
3. What happens if I come in to reclaim my impounded pet after the holding period has expired?
4. What is the "holding period" of an impounded animal?
5. What happens to animals surrendered at the Hutchinson Animal Shelter?
6. How long do you keep animals at the shelter?
7. How many dogs are you allowed to have per household inside Hutchinson city limits?